Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Tragic Deaths of Fluffies 1 - 5

I have a love for hamsters
They are so small and fuzzy
My favorites are the white ones
I always named them Fluffy

I went through many hamsters
Actually, five in all
And just how each one perished
I can still recall

Some suffered a tragic death
My dog Oscar ate a few
I believe there was some pain
For Fluffies four and two

Fluffy one’s was not much better
In fact it was rather sad
He rolled himself down our stairs
His bones were broken bad

I feel worst for Fluffy five
How could I have known better
No one told me not to bathe
My Fluffy in cold water

I tried to save his life, I did
I used my mom’s blow dryer
But by the time I turned it off
My Fluffy had caught fire

So parents please do not buy
Your six year old a pet
It will either roll down stairs
Get eaten, or too wet

Just let the creatures live a life
Of peace and hamster pleasures
For we will only kill the dears
In spite of all our measures

P.S. Yes all of these things did happen. This poem was based on real events, and sadly enough, I am guilty of the deaths of 5 adorable hamsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment